Prior versions of this Privacy Notice are available here
Nov 3, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Personal.ai! Personal.ai is a privacy-first company that is committed to keeping your memories safe and securely stored. Personal.ai offers an online platform for (i) the creation and retention of your Memory Stack (a structured timeline of Memory Blocks , an architecture primarily driven by a neuroscientific understanding of human memory in technological form that are stored in a stack that is private to an individual and well secured both internally and externally, created via the ingestion of data derived from speech, metadata, pictures, videos, location data, and text) and (ii) the creation of your AI (a personal AI) utilized for the recall of your Memory Stack.
When we use the terms “Personal.ai”, “Human AI Labs”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to [Personal.ai]. When we use the terms “Personal.ai Users,” “you” or “your” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to direct users of Personal.ai’s Services, as well as users of our Site. When we use the term “Personal.ai Service” or “Personal AI,” we are referring to all of the Services that we offer on our own behalf, accessible via the website www.personal.ai (the “Website”), and any other Personal.ai application, software, product, or service licensed, downloaded or otherwise accessed by you.
As you use the Personal.ai Service and interact with the Website, Personal.ai collects and processes information from and about you in order to provide you with access to the Personal.ai Service, enhance your experience while using the Personal.ai Service, and interact with you. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes how Personal.ai collects, uses, and discloses information collected through the Personal.ai Service and Website, and what choices you have with respect to such information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact Personal.ai by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I. Privacy Terms for Users of the Personal.ai Service
A. Collection and Use of User Information
When you interact with us, we may collect personal information about you. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our Service and sometimes, we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
This section explains how Personal.ai collects, processes and uses the information we collect from Personal.ai Users. We do not require Users to provide us with information. However, certain information, such as account log-in data, is required to provide you with access to the Personal.ai Service, and other information may be collected automatically as you use the Personal.ai Service.
1. Information You Provide to Personal.ai. Personal.ai collects the following information submitted directly through the Personal.ai Service by Users:
- The audio recordings, videos, images, messages, text, attachments, files, conversations, associated metadata, and other content submitted through or uploaded to the Personal.ai Service utilized for the recall of your Memory Stack (collectively, the “User Content”). We are currently partnering with Oasis Labs, in order to build a platform to eventually secure memories using blockchain technology. Building your AI with this intended level of privacy will prevent our company from accessing your information in the future by guaranteeing ownership of your information and creating separation between data and computing. You will be able to control your own User Content;
- Information you provide as part of your account registration with Personal.ai , which may include your name, organization name, address, telephone number, email address, username and password; optional information that you may choose to provide, such as a photograph or basic demographic data; (collectively, the “Account Information”); and Information you provide in other interactions with us, such as requests or questions you submit to us via forms, email, or through a third-party communication website; and requests for customer support and technical assistance (collectively, “Other Information,” and, together with “Account Information”, collectively the “Operational Data” over which Personal.ai retains control in order to provide our Personal.ai Services to you).
2. Payment Information. If you submit payment information in connection with your use of the Personal.ai Service, we utilize a third-party credit card payment processing company to collect payment information, including your credit card number, billing address, and phone number. In such circumstances, the third-party service provider, and not Personal.ai, stores your payment information on our behalf.
3. Service Usage Information. As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party partners collect personal information automatically from you when you visit or interact with our websites and other Services (“Service Usage Information”). Such information includes:
- Application Data – Some of our Services offer mobile or browser applications to allow you to take advantage of our offerings on the go and/or when visiting third-party websites and other online services. When you access the Service using a mobile device, we collect certain device information, including the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We may also collect your MAC address and other unique device identifiers. Certain of these applications also allow us to access more precise location data about you and collect information about your use and interactions with third-party websites and online services (including the products or services you are interested in or purchase) to better serve you.
- Analytics Data – Including the electronic path you take to our Services, through our Services and when exiting our Services, as well as your usage and activity on our Services, such as the links, objects, products and benefits you view, click, or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Log files – when you use the Service, our servers automatically record information in server log files. These log files may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser ID and settings, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, date and time stamp information, data from cookies and similar technologies, and other such information.
- Location information – we collect and process general information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Service (e.g., approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address) or more precise location when permitted by law.
4. Information Collected from Third-Party Integrations. If you choose to use or connect to third-party integrations (e.g., Zoom, Slack, Google Calendar, iCal, or other calendar programs, Google Contracts, etc.) through the Personal.ai Service, such third parties may allow us to have access to and store additional information about your interaction with those services as it relates to your use of the Personal.ai Service such as your username, profile picture, email address, time, location, calendar information, contact information from such third parties and any information you choose to upload to such third party platforms. If you initiate these connections, you also understand that we will share information about you that is required to enable your use of the third-party integration through the Personal.ai Service. If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not initiate these connections. By enabling these connections, you authorize us to connect and access the information provided through these connections, and you understand that the privacy policies of these third parties govern such connections. Note that, when using these third-party integration services, you will be subject to the individual privacy notices and terms of service for those third parties.
Certain of these applications also allow us to access more precise Location Data about you and collect information about your use and interactions with third-party websites and online services (including the products or services you are interested in or purchase) to better serve you.
B. How Does Personal.ai Use User Information?
This section explains how Personal.ai uses information collected from Users.
1. User Content. Personal.ai may view and use User Content collected from and about Users only as necessary:
- To maintain, provide and improve the Personal.ai Service
- To prevent or address technical or security issues and resolve support requests
- To investigate when we have a good faith belief, or have received a complaint alleging, that such User Content is in violation of the Personal.ai Terms of Service
- To comply with a valid legal subpoena, request, or other lawful process- As otherwise expressly permitted in writing by the User
2. Account Information, Service Usage Information, Information from Third Party Integrations, and Other Information. Personal.ai may use these categories of information collected from and about Users to:
- Maintain, provide, and improve the Personal.ai Service
- To remember you and the choices you have made in relation to the Personal.ai Service
- Respond to your requests for information
- Prevent or address technical or security issues and resolve support requests
- Investigate in good faith alleged violations of the Personal.ai Terms of Service
- Comply with a valid legal subpoena, request, or other lawful process
- Help us aggregate information we receive from you and third parties to help better understand user interests and needs and customize the Personal.ai Service for our users
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Personal.ai Service
- Protect the Personal.ai Service and our users
- Communicate with you via email and through the Personal.ai Service about important notices and updates regarding the Personal.ai Service, such as to inform you about changes in the Personal.ai Service, our service offerings, and important services
-related notices, such as about security and fraud. Because these communications are an important part of the Perosnal.ai Service, you may not opt out of them
- To communicate with you about promotions, offers, and news about Personal.ai. You have the ability to unsubscribe from such promotional communications.
- In accordance with applicable legal obligations, communicate with you about promotions, offers, and news about Personal.ai.
C. Sharing of User Information
We may share the information we collect from Users as follows:
- Within Human AI Labs. We are able to offer you the products and services we make available because of the hard work of the entire Human AI Labs team. Human AI Labs entities disclose personal information to other Human AI entities for purposes and uses that are consistent with this Privacy Notice and applicable law. For example, the Human AI Labs entity providing our services to you may share personal information relating to transactions with another Human AI Labs entity that provides the system used to review available offerings and complete transactions for the services we are providing.
- Data Analytics Providers. We share personal information with data analytics providers who analyze statistics and trends relating to the usage of and activity relating to our services. These data analytics providers produce reports and make suggestions for our customer and business strategy based on the personal information and other information analyzed.
- Personal.ai Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties that use the information only to perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation sales, marketing, provision of content and features, analytics, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and other services. Depending on the function the third party serves, the service provider may process personal information on our behalf or have access to personal information while performing functions on our behalf.
- Payment Processors and Online Payment Systems. We share personal information with payment processors, online payment system providers and other billing agents to process your payment for the services and products you order, as well as to provide refunds.
- Business Transactions. If the ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, such as through a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner so that the Personal.ai Service can continue to operate. In such case, your information would remain subject to the promises and commitments contained in this Notice until such time as the acquiring party modifies it. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Personal.ai will comply with such restrictions.
- Consistent with your settings within the Personal.ai Service. Please note that the User Content you submit through the Personal.ai Service may be viewable by other users depending on the specific settings you and other users have selected in the Personal.ai Service.
D. Aggregated/ Anonymized Data
We may aggregate and/or anonymize information collected through the Personal.ai Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregated/Anonymized Information”). We may use Aggregated/Anonymized Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and analytics, and may also share such data with any third parties, including partners, affiliates, services providers, and others.
E. Data Retention
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
G. Third Party Links and Services
The Personal.ai Service may contain links to third-party websites and functionalities. If you choose to use these third-party services, you may disclose your information not just to those third parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by Personal.ai, Personal.ai is not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third-party websites or services, and not this Notice. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third parties.
II. Additional Privacy Terms
A. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of the Personal.ai Service or the Website, or advances in technology. We will make the revised Notice accessible through the Personal.ai Service and Website, so you should review the Notice periodically. If we make a material change to the Notice, we will comply with applicable legal requirements regarding providing you with notice and/or consent.
B. How We Protect Your Information
Personal.ai takes technical and organizational measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure, and thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information.
C. Marketing Practices and Choices
If you receive email, direct mail, or other communications, including telephone calls, from us, we may use certain analytics tools to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.You may ask us not to send you marketing communications or request a change to the method or frequency of communication by:
- Following any available opt-out or communication preferences instructions in the marketing communications;
- When available, accessing the “Unsubscribe” or “Communication Preferences” settings in your account profile page;
- Sending a request to email@example.com
. with the words “Opt Out” or “Communication Preferences” in the subject line, the address or number at which we contacted you and your request; or
- Sending a request to the following address identifying the address or number at which we contacted you and your request:
Human AI Labs, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
8910 University Center Ln Suite 660
San Diego, CA 92122, United States
Please allow up to 10 days for your request to be processed. If you request to opt out of marketing communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-marketing communications, such as those directly related to the fulfillment of a specific transaction you requested, maintenance of your account or status of our ongoing business relations.
Modifying Account Information: If you have an account for our Service, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account through the account setting page or a similar option provided on the Service. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at the email or postal address provided below. We are working to configure the product such that Personal.ai users will have access to their data, but Personal.ai will not retain access after the Personal.ai User deletes their account.
Neither the Personal.ai Service nor the Website are targeted at children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. In the event you have knowledge that a child has provided us with any such information in violation of this Notice, please contact Personal.ai via the “Personal.ai Contact Info” section below.III. Privacy Information for California and Nevada Residents
California Shine the Light Disclosure
. The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Nevada Privacy Disclosure:
Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Note we do not sell your personal information within the meaning of Chapter 603A. However, if you would still like to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IV. Personal.ai Contact Info
Personal.ai is located at 8910 University Ln Suite 660, San Diego, CA 92122. If you wish to contact Personal.ai or have any questions about or complaints in relation to this Notice, please contact Personal.ai at email@example.com
PERSONAL.AI COOKIE NOTICE
Last Updated: November 2, 2021
Unless otherwise expressly stated, capitalized terms in this Notice have the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Notice
Scope of Notice
What Are Cookies and Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer that allow us and our third-party partners and providers to collect certain information about your interactions with our email communications, websites and other online services. We and our third-party partners and providers may also use other, related technologies to collect this information, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies
What We Collect When Using Cookies
. For example, we may collect log data about your device and its software, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, date/time of your visit, and other similar information. We may also collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure usage and activity trends for our online services and better understand our customer/member base.
Our third-party providers and partners may also directly collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites and online services.
How We Use That Information
We may use the data collected through cookies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our websites and other online services; (b) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our websites and other online services; (c) monitor online usage and activities of our websites and other online services; (d) diagnose errors and problems with our websites and other online services; (e) otherwise plan for and enhance our websites and other online services; and (f) facilitate the other purposes identified in the Website and Online Services
section of our Privacy Notice
. We also use the information we collect through cookies to understand your browsing activities, including across unaffiliated third-party sites, so that we can deliver information and advertisements about our services that may be of interest to you.
Please note that we link some of the personal information we collect through cookies with the other personal information that we collect about you and for the purposes described in the Our Collection of Personal Information
and Our Use of Personal Information
sections of our Privacy Notice
Your Choices About Cookies
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our websites and other online services, as some features and offerings may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed your email and performed certain functions with it.
. You can also view Google’s currently available opt-out options here
Your Choices About Online Ads
Our third-party providers may also collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our site. The Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) requires participating third parties to follow self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising. If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in the DAA program, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices
Updates to This Cookie Notice
We will update this Cookie Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Cookie Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” at the beginning of this Cookie Notice.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Cookie Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Human AI Labs, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
8910 University Center Ln Suite 660
San Diego, CA 92122, United States